2021 Picnic Thanks
We would like to thank our 140+ picnic participants for making our 2021 picnic a success despite the rain, thunder and lightning. Our guests were the first to tour the Eisenhower Home since the Covid-19 shutdown. Guests also attended a ranger program entitled “Protecting the President and his visiting Foreign Leaders at the Gettysburg Farm.” Our putting contestants had a chance to putt on the Eisenhower green. Our winner sank two of his three putts from about 15 feet from the hole! Everyone enjoyed a glass of wine and the delicious food prepared by our caterer, Jake Schindel, owner of the Ragged Edge Coffee House. When the rain, thunder and lightning began, we retreated to the Eisenhower barn for about 15 minutes as the storm passed. When we resumed our program, we thanked our sponsors, gave answers to the “All Things Western” themed Trivia Contest, and presented the putting contest award and door prizes. We concluded with Tom Fontana, the Singing Cowboy presenting “Songs Ike Liked.” Unfortunately, not long after his program began, the skies opened up with a deluge. We cut the program short to get everyone home safely. With the Covid -19 restrictions, we appreciate that the Eisenhower National Historic Site was able to host our picnic this year.
We would like to thank the following sponsors for supporting our picnic:
- David and Cynthia Salisbury: Putting Contest and Picnic Sponsor
- Ken and Sally Weiler and David Belcher: Picnic Support Sponsor
- Walton and Pam Jones: The Singing Cowboy Sponsor
- Duane and Linda Williams: For the wine!
We also want to recognize our Prize Sponsors:
- Priscilla Roberts for two American flags that were flown at the Eisenhower National Historic Site
- Carol Hegeman for a copy of her and Michael Birkner’s book, Eisenhower’s Gettysburg Farm.
- Gettysburg Eddie’s for two gift certificates.
- Gettysburg Heritage Center for four free admissions to the center.
- Dairy Queen of Gettysburg for gift certificates for the “All Things Western” Trivia Contest awards.
- Event Network for a gift bag of golf balls and mug.
We look forward to seeing everyone again next year!
Calendar Quick Links
Our Phone Number:
Our Email Address:
Our Mailing Address:
Dwight D. Eisenhower Society
P.O. Box 4772
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Our Office Location:
789 Baltimore Street, Suite 100
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325