2019 Picnic Thanks
We would like to thank our 130+ picnic participants for making our 2019 picnic a success despite it being the hottest, most humid, day of the year! Everyone enjoyed the Eisenhower Home tours in the air conditioning, as well as the ranger program about Gettysburg in World War II presented in the air-conditioned Reception Center. Our putting contestants endured the heat to have a chance to putt on the Eisenhower green. Everyone enjoyed the 1940s music played by the Buzz Jones Quartet, a glass of wine, and the delicious food prepared by our caterer, Jake Schindel, owner of the Ragged Edge Coffee House. New this year, for dessert we served Mamie Eisenhower’s recipe for Deep-Dish Apple Pie. It was delicious and tasted even better because Jake decided to bring Mr. G’s homemade vanilla ice cream to the picnic to serve it a la mode. What a nice surprise! We are especially grateful to Stephanie Maitland of Gettysburg Health and Fitness who loaned us some fans to move the air under our picnic tent.
We would like to thank the following sponsors for supporting our picnic:
- David and Cynthia Salisbury: Putting Contest and Picnic Sponsor
- Barry and Amie Howard, Paul Shevchuk and Carol Hegeman, and Ben and Sally Garrett: The Buzz Jones Quartet
- Duane and Linda Williams: For the wine!
We also want to recognize our Prize Sponsors:
- Priscila Roberts for two American flags that were flown at the Eisenhower National Historic Site
- Carol Hegeman for a copy of her and Michael Birkner’s book, Eisenhower’s Gettysburg Farm.
- Furs by Susan for a gift certificate.
- Gettysburg Eddie’s for two gift certificates.
- Dairy Queen of Gettysburg for gift certificates for the World War II Trivia contest awards.
- Event Network for a gift bag of golf balls, mug and ball cap.
We look forward to seeing everyone again next year!
Calendar Quick Links
Our Phone Number:
Our Email Address:
Our Mailing Address:
Dwight D. Eisenhower Society
P.O. Box 4772
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Our Office Location:
789 Baltimore Street, Suite 100
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325