New Opportunities for Society Members
to Learn and Enjoy
The Society enhanced its October wreath laying ceremony by adding a luncheon at the Dobbin House followed by a guest speaker on Eisenhower. Often authors who published the latest scholarship on Eisenhower presented the programs, followed by a book signing opportunity.
History Quick Links
- Establishment of the Society
- Annual Wreath Laying and Convocation
- One President Commemorates Another
- Mamie Eisenhower’s Charge to the New Society Leadership
- Preparing for the Eisenhower Centennial in 1990
- Beyond the Centennial
- A New Millennium and a New Direction: Education, Grants and Scholarships
- New Opportunities for Society Members to Learn and Enjoy
- Looking to the Future
Board of Trustees
The Society also established a Memorandum of Agreement with the Eisenhower National Historic Site to work together to commemorate Eisenhower. Each summer the Society holds an annual picnic at the Eisenhower Farm. Members participate in special tours of the home, educational programs, a putting contest, eat picnic food made from Eisenhower’s recipes, and enjoy after dinner entertainment.
New in 2016, members enjoyed Christmas at the Farm, a reception followed by a tour of the Eisenhower Home decorated for Christmas.